CASU2009 Forum Index CASU2009
A forum for past graduates of the College of Agriculture, Serdang, Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Borak Borak ......................
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luke Tan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pheh,

It's not likely that anyone else will be joining us here soon, if at all. There are quite a number of visitors (peeping toms?) to this forum, though.

The exception would be our Forum Administrator Lai Chin Fook himself.... but he's pretty busy right now having just migrated to New Zealand and, after all the unpacking chores, I believe the family has yet to settle in. Still, we wish him all the best in his new environment and hope he can find the time to pop in a line or two here soon.

A Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year to you and to all our Christian visitors peeping in here.

Regards,
Luke
Thean Teik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas Chegu Luke.
It's unfortunate that we are the only two who want to borak. I hope others realize that at our age shooting the breeze is good for our mental health.
We have about two feet of snow on the groud. We have been good and Santa is giving a break from the cold. Instead of the norm of -16 we are getting +4 today.
Peace
Thean Teik
Luke Tan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pheh,

Obviously those who do not come in to borak have their own reasons for not doing so. While this forum can be accessed by any visitor, only members can come in to borak.

Like you, many may have forgotten their usernames and passwords and do not bother to re-register. Yet others who are junior to us (1970-75 batches) may understandably, not be at ease to come in, because we're not familiar to them. They all could still pick out those they know to borak with, though.... after all there currently 111 registered members to choose from.

As for our past regulars, I've all but given up hope for them to come in here again. My guess is that many of them are staying away because they are still peeved by some of the things that were posted then that were perceived to be either objectionable, disturbing, irksome, annoying or vexatious (or all 5 and more).

This unfortunate episode could easily have been set aside and forgotten (and forgiven?) if not for their still inflated egos. But I'm clinging to the slim hope that a few forgiving souls may yet turn up here and surprise us!

Pheh, your stark winter cold is not easy for us here to grasp. I just can't imagine how cold it must be at say, 16 below? Still, I hope you'll have more days warmer than the past average temperatures.

Happy New Year,

Regards
Luke
Thean Teik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy New Year Chegu Luke. And, same to all members.
You made an interesting comment that I did not know our members are subjected to. I might as well make another bold statement even if some are offended. At our age if we still think we are one above the other then we are in the wrong boat. To quote Tan Sri Ani Arof (excuse me senior gentleman if I got spelt your name incorrectly) 'we are just waiting at the airport terminal. It's not a question of if the plane will come but a matter of if it was delayed'.
We are currently in the deep freeze, -20+ without factoring in the wind chill. That's not bad because (1) those in Winnipeg went through -50, yes you read it right lima puloh. (2) many in Ontario, New Brunswick and Newfoundland had their power knocked off for 10 days already because of severe winter storm. That means no heating-loh. So members, enjoy the Malaysian weather but don't forget to come in and borak2.
Peace
Thean Teik
PS. Is Tan Sri still around?
Luke Tan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pheh,

I've not been feeling too well lately, as my lower back has been giving me much trouble. Technically it's called "Lumbar spinal tenosis", a condition which brings much pain to the sufferer in the lower back region.

I'm now feeling much better after a few sessions with the chiropracter.

Tan Sri Ani Arope is one guy with a great sense of humour, among other qualities. As far as I know he's still at the airport terminal waiting for his long delayed plane to arrive. He's got an FB account but I do not go to his FB pages. Maybe you can read them once you're registered with FB?

I did not know that you in Alberta can have such severe winter conditions which I thought were only experienced in places further up north like Alaska or the Northern Territories - (where I think your boyhood hero Sergeant Preston lived with the royal mounties?)

Suddenly I'm reminded of the song "When it's springtime in Alaska, it's forty below"! Heard of the song?

Regards
Luke
Thean Teik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Mornng Chegu,
Sorry to hear you are having problem with your lower back. Do take it easy but at the same time please do not forget to exercise sadikit - it's good for your rohani and jasmati.
Glad to read Tan Sri is still waiting at the departure terminal like all of us.
Yes North to Alaska and Spring time in Alaska are some of the good country music unlike what we hear nowadays - nothing understandable except a chaos of noises and voices. A friend once asked me to move to Fairbanks, Alaska to take over his apple orchard. It's normally colder up there but this year everything is kalang kabut - we were more often colder than the North Pole. So much for global warming when we had -30 (without factoring in the wind chill) for days, end to end. There was a day when a tiny village a few hundred mile south of Edmonton hit -50s', the coldest inhabited area in the world.
Peace
Thean Teik
imelin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Don't give up Reply with quote

Hi Pheh,

I celebrate the fact that you didn't give up on the old timers. Honestly,
I totally forgot that we have CASU2009 or may be I lost myself for the missing years. For some reasons I thought our old site has gone defunct.

Anyway, I'm back and hope to be active whenever I could.
Wishing all a wonderful lunar new year.
Luke Tan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Adeline,

Looking back, I think it's a blessing in disguise that Pheh does not want to be in FB... otherwise he'd definitely have forsaken this forum site for FB long ago.

You know Adeline, I'm also inclined to think that some of the old timers who don't bother to come to this site could possibly also have had the same perception as you had... i.e. that this CASU2009 forum site has closed permanently. Then there must also be those who have forgotten their usernames and/or passwords to come in - like what Pheh experienced recently.

Whatever, I get the feeling that even if they don't have problems coming in here, they're probably unlikely to bother making the effort anyway - for reasons best known to themselves.

So, in case you're not here for the long haul, I'm afraid I'll again have only our old faithful Pheh for companionship here in this near deserted place.

Whatever will be, will be?

Happy CNY

Regards
Thean Teik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chegu Luke,
Rest be assured that I won't be on facebook in the foreseeable future. As for forgetting how to get in, I have learned my lesson well and had tulis nama dan password dalam buku-lah.
Peace
Thean Teik
imelin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: I will be here Reply with quote

Hi Luke,

I have been allocating time for this site daily hopefully we can get more active. I believe quite a lot of the old timers must be like me eg. Yik CP, Chan Akau etc I think it will be a good idea if Chun Fook can repost information that this site is still in existence, at least we could get those who are on FB easily.

What do you think Lai?

Good day
imelin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: This is a ghost site Reply with quote

Wow, really nobody is around....guess I can't be talking to myself all the time. Bye
Lai Chin Fook
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imelin

Will try to mail to as many Casuans as possible although over the years, a lot of them have changed their emails..

Honestly this cannot beat Facebook for simplicity that's why no one comes in...

Ta!
Thean Teik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning Chin Fook, Adeline,
I don't know about FB. When I have a problem all I needed was to post it on this site and Chegu Luke and others never failed to solve it for me. As for the tiam2 ones, I am they learned too even if they did not admit it.
Peace
Thean Teik
imelin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:21 am    Post subject: Photos sharing Reply with quote

Hi Pheh,

There are photos to share but it's almost impossible to upload here. If you are on FB, you can access them easily or even save them if you wish.
Luke Tan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Adeline, Pheh,

This site just hasn't enough space for photo sharing not like our old CASU website that was hosted by MSN.

I wonder if it's too much to ask Lai to set up for us another site which can be more useful than this one....Just thinking...

Regards to all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CASU2009 Forum Index -> Common Room All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: