CASU2009 Forum Index CASU2009
A forum for past graduates of the College of Agriculture, Serdang, Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Farewell lunch for Lai Chin Fook and family
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
imelin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Farewell lunch for Lai Chin Fook and family Reply with quote

LCF relocated to greener pastures in December 2013. Please look at the photos posted on FB. File too big for this forum
Luke Tan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Adeline,

It's great to have you back here. Hope the other old-timers will also follow suite and make this forum come really alive again, as in our old CASU website.

There may be some members (like Pheh) who do not have FB accounts yet and so will not be able to see the photos uploaded there. What a shame. Hope that Pheh particularly, will finally decide to join the FB family.

From what LCF has posted on FB, we are pleased to see that he and his family have already settled in fine in Australia. We wish them all the best for the future.

Regards to all.
imelin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Good to be back Luke Reply with quote

Hi Luke, looks like Pheh is not expecting anyone here and had gone off for the weekend. Haha....it's good to see Chin Fook and family settled well into their new environment.
Thean Teik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning Adeline, Chegu Luke,
I'm one of those orang ulu - too much technology makes my kepala pening. As far as I'm concerned email is already too good for me. So sorry no facebook, twitter or what have you. No cell or touch screen devices - too polluting for my comfort.
Glad you are back on site. Are you still living in Chengmai?
I thought LCF settled in NZ. Which part of Astralia is he in? Glad he's settling in well.
Peace
Thean Teik
Luke Tan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pheh,

Sorry I made a big typo mistake.... LCF emigrated to Auckland, NZ, and not Australia. Sign of senility?

Minta ma'af.
Luke
imelin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Getting there Reply with quote

Luke, don't worry we are all getting there!
Pheh, I relocated from California back to Asia more than a year ago. Distributing my time between KL and Chiangmai. May be visit you some day ?
Take care
Lai Chin Fook
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pheh

I have moved the family to Auckland New Zealand. Main reason is for the 8 year old boy, he is going to school and several things worries us greatly:

1. The current education system in Malaysia is in the shits. They cannot make up their minds on what to do and what language to adopt. So it is better I take him away to somewhere more stable. Some ppl say the system in NZ is also not good but I want stability, if the system is best but if my son is a moron. The worst is that he will get the equal opportunity in life.

2. The political situation is getting from bad to worst. Racial and religion conflicts. I have no doubts that my generation and my son's generation will still OK in Malaysia but the subsequent generations to come is questionable so it is better for me to take him to a place he can get equal opportunities.

3. My elder son and daughter have already become citizens of NZ some 20 years ago. I do not want this 8 year old one to one day start questioning why I took the 2 elder ones out of Malaysia and did not take him out as well. Once out, he has a choice, he can choose to return to Malaysia if he wants to.

Now ppl may say I am a traitor and not want to help resolve the situation in Malaysia for everyone to live happily - frankly I do not have the years left to work on this, so sorry! I may be considered as selfish, but opportunity knocks seldom...

Some ppl also told me not to procrastinate - want to go, go lah why worry about staying? But without the racial, religious and highly corrupted system that exist now, Malaysia has to be one of the best places to stay and live. The people other than politicians are wonderful, there are a lot of friends and costs are cheap.. so maybe one day when I am done and old and still alive, I may want to go back to live there.... There is a difference of doing something for the future generations and doing something else for myself..... I have the opportunity so I am taking advantage of it....
imelin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Valid reasons Reply with quote

Hi Chin Fook,
No reason is good enough till may be 15-20 years from now if you are still around to look at things hindsight. We really have no need to justify to anyone our reasons except to ourselves what work best for us.
I planned my life way in advance may be 15-20 years ahead and my middle name has always been "just in case" and having many "life boats" is a way of life but you know, fate and destiny will always bring us to where we should be ultimately. I'm a firm believer of "what is meant to be will be, and what is not meant to be there is no need to chase".

As in my son Jay's case, who was born in Malaysia and was moved to USA "for better future" at age 5. He spent all his years in USA till he decided to start biz in Malaysia. Who on earth would have imagine that he actually met a Malaysian girl and decided to settle down to this land of his origin.

I'm baffled till this very minute, it just happen!
Thean Teik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning Chin Fook,
It's nice to hear from you. As Adeline said, you need not have to explain why you decide to pull up stakes. I did so too over 30 years ago. Whatever, one is bound to win some and lose some. I still miss street food but on the whole I gain more than I lost.
All the best to you and family.
Peace
Thean Teik
atancan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with both Adeline and Pheh. What we do is private to us, we owe no one any explanation. The worst is when one tries to justify our actions, it sometimes can be misread or misunderstood for something else. Have learnt this from experience.

From the little I read about the situation in Malaysia, I am get paranoid. It is a great country but it is too bad that it is allowed to go to the dogs.

Good to get back on this site again.

Best

Mht

P/s. I am still learning to work the fb. Made a boo boo recently and tried to correct it. Thought it was done but notice the thread is continuing. Tried to get rid of conversation thread but the wheel of options did not appear for me.
Luke Tan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lai,

Thanks for sharing your reasons for emigrating. Like the others here have said, you don't owe any explanations to anyone for what you want to do with your life... It's your basic right. But thanks again for sharing your views anyway. I wish you only the best for the future.

Hi Mui Heng,

It's good to have you here again. The last time you were gone I was left with only Pheh here for quite a long while. Hope you'll stay with us longer this time.

Regards to all.
imelin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Sharing photo Reply with quote

Farewell lunch for LCF
imelin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject: Sharing pic Reply with quote

Serdang girls and wives of the Serdang boys
Lai Chin Fook
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for posting the pictures....
Lai Chin Fook
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imelin,

Why do I get the immediate impression you were sitting on Wong See Pin's lap?? Hahaha!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CASU2009 Forum Index -> Common Room All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: