CASU2009 Forum Index CASU2009
A forum for past graduates of the College of Agriculture, Serdang, Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Condolence

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tingbeeeng

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Condolence Reply with quote

Dear Lai,

Condolence to you and family. May his soul rest in peace. At last he has gone to meet your late mum. Lucky man to have such a big family.
Lai Chin Fook
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Stella

Thank you for your message, very much appreciated.

Dad has been unwell for the past 2 months, so his demise was not really unexpected at his age of 101....
Tan Kee Kian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lai,

Just heard from Lau last night of your dad's demise. Please accept my belated but sincere condolences. Be assured that he is now at peace with his creator.

Cheers
soon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lai
Condolences on the demise of your father. He lived up to a ripe old age of 101 years which is very rare and a record.May he rest in peace.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Kee Kian and Noke Lian,

Thanks you very much for your kind thoughts. I appreciate that very much.

Kind regards

Lai
Thean Teik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning Chin Fook,
Sorry for this belated condolence. May his soul rest in peace.
Peace
Thean Teik
Lau Chen Chee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

David Thein Kim Siew, batch 1971, passed away from lung cancer yesterday morning.

The wake will be on 6th & 7th ( 3.00 - 11.00 pm daily) at Nirvana Memorial Centre, No. 1, Jalan 1/116A, OffSg Besi ( Tel : 03-79818899). Funeral will be on 8th Sept Tuesday 3.00 pm., leaving the centre for the Cheras Crematorium.
Tan Kee Kian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

Anyone going to the wake or funeral, especially those ex-DOA guys, please convey our condolences to the family. I was alerted by Boon Tat who read the obituary in the Star yesterday. Remember? Boon Tat was the one who dressed him up in newspapers for the fancy dress parade during orientation. That picture is very vivid in my mind. After leaving Serdang, I only saw him once at the Tanglin nasi lemak stall. That was more than 10 years ago. May he find his peace now.

Regards,
Kee Kian
Lau Chen Chee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This message from Wong KL is reproduced here as it was not highlighted that it is the latest message by date, hence escaping the attention of readers.. Thanks Kee Kian for alerting.

My dear friends,

It is with sadness that I have been informed of the passing of David Thein this morning Sept 05, 2009 by his wife. He passed away peacefully surrounded by his family members. David was my classmate in Serdang.

His wake service would be held at Nirvana Memorial Center from September 6 - 7, 2009 from 3 pm to 11 pm. The funeral/cremation proceedings the Cheras Crematorium on Tuesday Sept. 8 at 3 pm.

The Nirvana Memorial Center's address is at No.1 Jalan 1/116A, Off Jalan Sungai Besi, 57100 K. Lumpur. Tel: +603-79818899. I am told there are lots of parking spaces there.

For those who want to send an sms to Mr. David Thein, her hp no is +6016-9184886.

Thank you and may God Bless you all.

With best regards.

Wong Kim Lian

p.s. David has an open heart surgery last year. Upon discharge, it was discovered he had lung cancer. While dealing with his lung problem, he forgot to take care of his heart and things got complicated. His wife told me he had internal bleeding and was given blood transfusion. He passed away peacefully this morning surrounded by his family members. May God Bless his soul.
Thean Teik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning saudara/saudari,
Yesterday I got a call from Mui Heng. She told me that Huam Lian Chew passed away three days ago in Missisippi. Apparently he had been suffering from lung cancer for several years. May his soul rest in peace.
Huam was born and raised in Parit Buntar, Perak. After graduation, he wondered around for 4 months before deciding to join Jabatan Pertanian where he served as AA in Taiping and Ipoh for about seven years before bolting to the States to advance his studies. He stayed back and I heard he was in Lousiana and Missisippi. Huam and I are at opposite poles - he was what Dr. Rashdan will called the examplary student - serious and study most of the time. He was quite and soft spoken. He may be quick tempered but he never allowed it to show.
Peace
Thean Teik
PS. As far as I know, Huam never touch tobacco other than those planted during our final year where tobacco is a mandatory crop in share farm. Yet, he had lung cance. The message is no one is safe from anything nowadays.
Thean Teik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning folks,
Just another sad news to pass on. Stella Ting Bee Eng's mother passed away this week. Just in case some of you do not know, the deceased is the mother-in-law of Luke Tan, our administrator.
Please contact Chong Kee Chai or Lee Beng Lee or Alamin for further details on funeral arrangement.
Our deepest condolence, Bee Eng and Chegu Luke. May her soul rest in peace.
Peace
Thean Teik
Lai Chin Fook
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Stella & Luke

Both Loan and I are saddened by the news of your mom passing away. Please accept our sincere condolences, may she rest in peace and do take care during this period of bereavement........

Lai & Loan
Luke Tan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Lai & Pheh, & Everybody else,

Most grateful thanks for your messages of condolence. We have also received similar messages from other CASUans via private e-mail.

To all of you we say many thanks again for your kind thoughts and wishes for our health. Be sure that they are much appreciated and are a great source of comfort to us, especially at this point in time.

Even though she was already 88 years old when she passed away last Thursday 14-10-2010, after a spell of ill-health, we still feel the void that Stella's mother left behind with her passing. Stella's grief can be well understood by those who have lost their own beloved mother.

Stella's mother's health started to become problematic when she was diagnosed to have a cancerous tumour in her pancreas about 30 months ago. She was then too weak to go though an operation and was resigned to leave things as they were. The doctors said she would have about 3 months to live. She surprised us all by surviving for another 30 months! She was hospitalized from the end of August and finally succumbed to the cancer on October 14th.

She was laid to rest around noon Saturday 16-10-2010 at the Christian Cemetery in Kapar, near Klang.

Our special thanks to Kee Chai, Li Foong, Beng Lee and Alamin who came to visit and pay their last respects to her on Friday 15-10-2010.

Regards,

Luke and Stella
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CASU2009 Forum Index -> Common Room All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: