CASU2009 Forum Index CASU2009
A forum for past graduates of the College of Agriculture, Serdang, Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Borak Borak ......................
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chowkam

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mui Heng

Iceland not a province of Canada? NO?

cheers
chowkam

atancan wrote:
Good day one and all, I was absent from the site for several days and presto - all the borak2 that took my breath away. I am so taken with the gooseberry article and finally the picture so much so that I had to print a copy of it. With my old machine and the slow dial system, it took me foever to finally come to the end of the borak2 to say a few words. What a marvellous piece of work you have there Pheh. It is edible as well as artistic, wow!. With respect to the potato, I can't for the life of understand why the housewives rjected the variety as I notice that the OP scrubbed their spuds and eat it skin and all. Have you dispkay them at the farmers' mnarket?

Now about Chow Kum's visit, we hope he makes a trip over to Ottawa too. I missed Chan Akau's visit due to to inforseen problems but hope to be around if and when he decided to drop by. Iceland may be the correct description 'cos the mercury may not drop as low as in Saskatoon, the cold does get into the bones. Too much dampness over here. The snow is way too wet.

Pheh, the kow kay choi is doing well tho with my luck only 2% survival rate. I do not dare to harvest anything yet this year. Believe you me, I killed rhubbarb! That's how bad my gardening has become!!!

Cheers from White Lake.

muiheng
chowkam

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mui Heng

Would definitely visit Ottawa. My cousin lives there for the last 20 odd years and he has been pressuring me to visit him.

Convey my regards to Sik Sya.

cheers
chowkam

chowkam wrote:
Dear Mui Heng

Iceland not a province of Canada? NO?

cheers
chowkam

atancan wrote:
Good day one and all, I was absent from the site for several days and presto - all the borak2 that took my breath away. I am so taken with the gooseberry article and finally the picture so much so that I had to print a copy of it. With my old machine and the slow dial system, it took me foever to finally come to the end of the borak2 to say a few words. What a marvellous piece of work you have there Pheh. It is edible as well as artistic, wow!. With respect to the potato, I can't for the life of understand why the housewives rjected the variety as I notice that the OP scrubbed their spuds and eat it skin and all. Have you dispkay them at the farmers' mnarket?

Now about Chow Kum's visit, we hope he makes a trip over to Ottawa too. I missed Chan Akau's visit due to to inforseen problems but hope to be around if and when he decided to drop by. Iceland may be the correct description 'cos the mercury may not drop as low as in Saskatoon, the cold does get into the bones. Too much dampness over here. The snow is way too wet.

Pheh, the kow kay choi is doing well tho with my luck only 2% survival rate. I do not dare to harvest anything yet this year. Believe you me, I killed rhubbarb! That's how bad my gardening has become!!!

Cheers from White Lake.

muiheng
Thean Teik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning Chow Kam,
According to my wife's nephew, the train was much more expansive. How much? Gua tak tahu. Whatever you decide just let us know. All flights into Edmonton must stop at the EIA instead of the municipal. We can pick you at the EIA too. It's about 45 minutes away via the newly constructed ring road.
No matter where one is the air in the country is always better than that in any big town where anything tall is made up of concrete and the only animals running around are on round rubber wheels (except two legged homos, and dogs and cats. Please don't get me started on the latter two.)
Peace
Thean Teik
PS My last train ride was before I left, from Prai to Ipoh unless you can consider riding in antique trains in parks a train ride.
Lai Chin Fook
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chowkam wrote:
Hi Pheh

I may pop into Vancouver to see my little grand daughter sometime early next month. If time permits, I may take a train as you earlier suggested to Edmonton if we don't head east to Ottawa to see my cousin. Is there a contact number I can reach you from Vancouver?

You can email me at amiliofoo@optusnet.com.au

Thanks

Thean Teik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning Folks,
Mana semua dah pi? Aiyayah, puasa makan, minum, sex, kutok orang dll tapi jangan lah puasa borak2.
Summer is coming to an end but still busy time for me - lots of apples to pick, potatoes to dig, garlic and shallots to plant for next year. I should also be checking all the budding I did and thinking of wintering my containerized miniature fruit trees. At this rate, I should have more free time by October. In the meantime, hope our Muslim members have a good and fruitful Ramadan.
Peace
Thean Teik
Lai Chin Fook
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Mr Pheh,

Good of you to pop in once in a while, and even that it is wonderful to see you in here.. 'cos you are still the most regular guy. hahaha!

Guess everyone will be off starting sometime day after tomorrow for the Hari Raya festivities... Roads will be jammed and hotels will be full...

Have a nice Autumn, that should be the best time of the year to do the off-chore stuff?
Thean Teik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning Chin Fook,
Do drive with caution during the festive season. Please say hello to those I know when you go visiting.
Peace
Thean Teik
PS I wanted to say mangkok but I guess that's no longer a politically correct word to use with some members.
Lai Chin Fook
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pheh

I am actually going to spend a few days in Koh Samui in Thailand with my family accompanied by an English friend with his family, starting on the 10th returning on the 15th Sep.

We will drive in 2 cars, stay a night each at Hatyai and Surat Thani, then by ferry to the island... a total of about 2,600km. Aware that jams are inevitable but hopefully not real bad as 10th is 1st day of Hari Raya, assuming those celebrating are all at home already by then and spending the day with their loved ones...

You know I will tell everyone you know when I meet them about Pheh bring well and fine and requently in CASU2009 forums......

Take care
Luke Tan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I'm just testing..... to see if this site still is still functionable.

Hope everybody's fine. It's been quite a long while.

See ya,

Cheers
Lai Chin Fook
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Borak Borak Reply with quote

Luke Tan wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm just testing..... to see if this site still is still functionable.

Hope everybody's fine. It's been quite a long while.

See ya,

Cheers

Hello Luke

It is certainly great to see someone posting again at long last into this seemingly defunct forum..... Yes, it is still working (I thought they will delete it after 3 months of inactivity but it seems not now....)

Will be nice to see you guys coming back here to re-activate it again....

Regards

Lai
Luke Tan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lai,

Didn't know you're still keeping a tab on this site.

I've peeped in here periodically, hoping (against hope) to see if there's any kind of activity here. No such luck.

There are still regular visitors here, though. I was surprised to learn that as many as 15 were online here on Thu Feb 14, 2013 at 10:30 am!
I'm quite perplexed as to who they really are. Are they registered members?... Casuans?....or outsiders?

Anyway it would be a great shame if this forum site were to really shut down due to inactivity.

I'm still fond of this forum, even though it has some limitations, and I'm also hoping it can be alive again.

Pheh had been my regular sparring partner here, but these days he's busy with the Durio group where he's interacting with some CASU regulars. I don't think he'd like to come back here, unless there are others besides me here.

Hope everything's okay with you on the home front.

Regards
Luke
Lai Chin Fook
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Luke,

There is no way we can find out who exactly came into the site on an individual basis, so we have to keep guessing who would have come in to lurk around still.... unless of course if they start to post messages..

Anyway, if we keep this going, maybe there are people who will find it interesting to start pitying us and start to participate hahaha!

Maybe I will start to send some posting again to all those who registered to inform them that Luke has started it going again......

Who knows? Might get moving again...!

Cheers!
Thean Teik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning Chegu Luke,
Me, your sparring partner? Over praised, over praised. I cannot hold a candle to your abilities. It took me some time to get back in because I forgot my password and usename. I tried several and was about to give up when they clicked.
Winter is upon us and we are having more snow than usual for this time of the year. Average for November is 17 cm but we got 55cm in three days. The roads are a mess and the city is not living up to par. As public employees they blame the extra load. Interestingly the adjacent cities had absolutely no problem. We are still alive and kicking and are quite busy - writing and trying new hobbies.
Have you changed your email address? Gua tulis tapi tak-ada jawab.
Peace
Thean Teik
Luke Tan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Pheh,

Am pleasantly surprised to see you here again after such a long while. Thought you'd just be too busy interacting with the Durio group to bother about coming back to this forum again?

About you being my sparring partner? Don't get me wrong here. I was merely referring to the time when we were about the only ones regularly writing and responding to each other's postings here. Other Casuans seemed just uninterested to come in and talk about the issues you brought up. Looks like this is never going to change, ever.

Hearing about your winter woes just makes me appreciate our weather conditions here in sunny Malaysia, with our 'summer' sun all year round.

I hope to hang on in here for as long as I can and respond to any postings when required.

Also hope you'll henceforth remember your password and username ... else I'll be left alone here again. Haha.

Regards
Luke
Thean Teik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning Chegu Luke,
Very sad if Lu and gua are the only two yang nak borak2.
Merry Christmas to you and members who celebrate this festivity.
Peace
Thean Teik
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CASU2009 Forum Index -> Common Room All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: