CASU2009 Forum Index CASU2009
A forum for past graduates of the College of Agriculture, Serdang, Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I have just made the following people Administrators

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lai Chin Fook
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: I have just made the following people Administrators Reply with quote

Hi Guys

Seeing that you are the only people coming into this forum to use it all this while, I have just made you all Administrators of the forum.

You will see your names listed in the administrators list in each section. This means you can have the equal ability to modify, change, delete, add or do whatever is possible in the forum.

Of course, all of you are also authorized to delete and appoint new Administrators in the future....

Good luck and have fun!!

Chin-Fook, Lai
Luke Tan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lai,

I just don't see the logic behind your decision to make us all Administrators?

Do we really need 4 pilots to fly this rickety plane with no passengers?

Won't just one good pilot do?

As I see it, the problem here is not having enough pilots... There's just not enough passengers in this aircraft!

Just my opinion.

Regards
Thean Teik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chegu Luke,
There are passengers. It is just they prefer to be orderly and remain seated quietly. We have to respect their choice.
Peace
Thean Teik
Luke Tan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pheh,

Granted we have some mute passengers aboard.

However, I still fail to see why we need 4 people to pilot the aircraft when all they want to do is just to engage in lively conversations among themselves without having to bother about manning the controls.

Encouraging more participation in conversations among all passengers should be the prime target and concern here.

I think the plane is doing quite OK as it is, on semi-autopilot mode?

Again, my opinion.

Regards.
Lai Chin Fook
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By having several admin personnel, the forum will become self-serving and need not depend on a single individual to monitor and run it. Any admin can make changes to the forum or appoint more admins in future. Put the scenario of having only one admin, he dies or decides to leave the forum, this will leave the forum permanently un-monitored...

Having several admins can help the forum by being more innovative, more changes and more exposure to other people....

It does not really matter, having more admin will not destroy the forum especially where we are all known to each other... just pretend it does not exist until the time when extra admin is needed then you know it is good..... Smile
imelin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: More administrators Reply with quote

Hi all,

I agree with Chin Fook that its really no harm to have more people who can add, delete or monitor when situation calles for. We are all in the "waiting lounge" as Ani Arope aptly put it, nobody is getting younger.

It's 100% valid that we need more passengers on board, or if we can get people to speak up, share whatever that interest them. I can't see any reasons otherwise, please DON'T die with the music in you, come and share with us please.

We shd feel so blessed we have a common room available for us to share.

Regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CASU2009 Forum Index -> Common Room All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: